Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
PayPal will introduce a mobile chip-and-PIN version of its payments service in Europe, starting with a selection of U.K. businesses over the coming months.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
Tizen, the open-source project backed by Intel and Samsung Electronics, has released to software developers and device makers the software development kit and source code for a new version of its operating system.
Google is rolling out some enhancements to Google Now, a mobile app that gives Android users personalized information on the fly. The changes could help make the tool a bigger part of people's daily lives.
BlackBerry is getting closer to shipping a red, limited edition version of the Z10 to selected developers who have created applications for its new BlackBerry 10 OS.
Nokia said Tuesday it filed letters of objection in India to protest actions by the country's income tax authorities, including a raid on its factory, which it claimed ran counter to domestic laws and international standards.
Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
BlackBerry says launch sales of its new BlackBerry 10 handsets in Canada and the UK have beaten previous company records, but it isn't releasing actual sales figures.
BlackBerry and Unity are working together on an add-on for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that should make it easier for developers to create games for the new OS.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
Apple modders can rejoice: The latest jailbreak software for iOS 6 was released on Monday.
Japanese telecom operator NTT DoCoMo has licensed a next-generation video compression technology called HEVC for use in future smartphones, where it could improve image quality and lessen network load.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC