Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
PayPal will introduce a mobile chip-and-PIN version of its payments service in Europe, starting with a selection of U.K. businesses over the coming months.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
Tizen, the open-source project backed by Intel and Samsung Electronics, has released to software developers and device makers the software development kit and source code for a new version of its operating system.
Google is rolling out some enhancements to Google Now, a mobile app that gives Android users personalized information on the fly. The changes could help make the tool a bigger part of people's daily lives.
BlackBerry is getting closer to shipping a red, limited edition version of the Z10 to selected developers who have created applications for its new BlackBerry 10 OS.
Nokia said Tuesday it filed letters of objection in India to protest actions by the country's income tax authorities, including a raid on its factory, which it claimed ran counter to domestic laws and international standards.
Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
BlackBerry says launch sales of its new BlackBerry 10 handsets in Canada and the UK have beaten previous company records, but it isn't releasing actual sales figures.
BlackBerry and Unity are working together on an add-on for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that should make it easier for developers to create games for the new OS.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
Apple modders can rejoice: The latest jailbreak software for iOS 6 was released on Monday.
Japanese telecom operator NTT DoCoMo has licensed a next-generation video compression technology called HEVC for use in future smartphones, where it could improve image quality and lessen network load.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC