Samsung plans to launch its first cell phones this year based on Tizen, a Linux-based operating system that will principally rival Google's Android OS.
Samsung Electronics should keep its commitment to consumers and withdraw its demands for bans on imports of Apple products in the U.S. as it did in Europe, Apple said in documents filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) on Wednesday.
Japan's biggest cellular network operator, NTT DoCoMo, is working with Intel and Samsung on development of the Tizen operating system and the first smartphone based on the platform could be out in Japan in 2013, according to a Japanese newspaper repo...
Nokia has signed a new patent license agreement with Research In Motion, which will end all existing patent litigation between the two companies.
Research In Motion will let its customers pick and choose individual BlackBerry services such as security and mobile device management after it introduces the long-awaited BlackBerry 10 platform next month.
Research In Motion reported falling unit sales and revenue in its third fiscal quarter as it geared up for the introduction of its BlackBerry 10 OS next month.
Apple has appealed a judge's decision not to ban from sale in the U.S. 26 Samsung cell phones that were found to infringe on its patents.
Apple today released an update for iOS that fixes an unspecified Wi-Fi bug in the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.
Apple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, an update aimed at fixing a Wi-Fi bug afflicting some devices.
Samsung dropped all claims pending in European courts in which it asserted patents that are essential for mobile communication devices to prevent the sales of Apple products in Europe.
Windows Phone 7.8 is available on Nokia's new Lumia 510, but the company still won't say when existing phones will get the update.
A suspected fault in how Samsung Electronics has implemented the Android's kernel in several of its devices could allow a malicious application to gain total control over the device.
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD