Samsung plans to launch its first cell phones this year based on Tizen, a Linux-based operating system that will principally rival Google's Android OS.
Samsung Electronics should keep its commitment to consumers and withdraw its demands for bans on imports of Apple products in the U.S. as it did in Europe, Apple said in documents filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) on Wednesday.
Japan's biggest cellular network operator, NTT DoCoMo, is working with Intel and Samsung on development of the Tizen operating system and the first smartphone based on the platform could be out in Japan in 2013, according to a Japanese newspaper repo...
Nokia has signed a new patent license agreement with Research In Motion, which will end all existing patent litigation between the two companies.
Research In Motion will let its customers pick and choose individual BlackBerry services such as security and mobile device management after it introduces the long-awaited BlackBerry 10 platform next month.
Research In Motion reported falling unit sales and revenue in its third fiscal quarter as it geared up for the introduction of its BlackBerry 10 OS next month.
Apple has appealed a judge's decision not to ban from sale in the U.S. 26 Samsung cell phones that were found to infringe on its patents.
Apple today released an update for iOS that fixes an unspecified Wi-Fi bug in the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.
Apple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, an update aimed at fixing a Wi-Fi bug afflicting some devices.
Samsung dropped all claims pending in European courts in which it asserted patents that are essential for mobile communication devices to prevent the sales of Apple products in Europe.
Windows Phone 7.8 is available on Nokia's new Lumia 510, but the company still won't say when existing phones will get the update.
A suspected fault in how Samsung Electronics has implemented the Android's kernel in several of its devices could allow a malicious application to gain total control over the device.
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC