Buying a smartphone is daunting enough even before you consider what operating system it will run. From touch screens to QWERTY keyboards, candy-bars to sliders, e-mail to multimedia, choosing a smartphone has never been more confusing because of the...
Following Pizza Hut's announcement that it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia, the idea got us thinking: with a wealth of fast food vendors available in Australia, wouldn't you like to see your favourite food ...
The unveiling of the Samsung Moment is definitely the biggest handset announcement at the Fall CTIA conference in San Diego. With an Android OS, AMOLED technology and a beefy processor, the handset definitely piqued my interest and I was curious to s...
The mobile phone is one of the fastest growing and most popular pieces of technology in history. From Motorola's first prototype mobile phone, which weighed almost a kilogram, to Apple's game-changing iPhone and the range latest touch-screen smartpho...
Windows Mobile 6.5 may still be weeks away from its release, but Microsoft is already leaking clues about its successor. Windows Mobile 7 will directly integrate social networking functionality into a phone's "core experience," according to a job pos...
If it hadn't been so crazy expensive to use Google Maps on my Apple iPhone 3GS while I was in the UK, I might never have met Elizabeth. I probably wouldn't have made it to that charming inn/pub high up on the hill, either. And my trip would have been...
Browsing the Web while you're on the move is one of the perks of owning a smartphone. The new touchscreen phones now entering the market are ideal for this job, as they're equipped to display Web pages on their large, high-resolution screens.
The Palm Pre, iPhone, and Android browsers were designed specifically for touchscreen phones. In contrast, the S60 browser that Nokia's touchscreen phones use goes back to an older S60 interface that did not focus on touchscreen use. This fact may ex...
For potential smartphone users, one of the most important features of any phone is its keyboard. Apple's [[artnid:309345|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] is best known for its excellent touch screen, but many BlackBerry users swear by a physical QWE...
Modern medicine and technology go hand-in-hand. For years, we've come to associate a hospital not only with the patients it houses and medical professionals who work there, but also the machines and gadgets that aid doctors and nurses in our care. As...
Medium-sized business IT support can be critical. When your website, network, or employee PCs are down, you're wasting money. If your IT staff is away at these tense moments--especially off-hours--it might take extra time for them to get in front of ...
The root of America's health crisis is bad habits formed in childhood. To protect children from harm, parents are keeping kids indoors, where they get sick, watch TV and form lifelong habits of screen addiction, inactivity and junk-food overeating.
Microsoft will reportedly push two mobile operating systems at once in an effort to battle Google's Android and Apple's iPhone, but are two heads better than one?
Even though your dad's cool factor is probably well past its expiry date, he probably thinks he's keeping up with cutting-edge technology. There's no better way to help him do that than getting him one of the latest mobile phones.
Perhaps the wildest, most unpredictable area in the realm of high-tech etiquette, text messaging is fraught with pitfalls that can turn otherwise sensible people into rude and thoughtless jerks. Try these simple tips to ensure that you'll never annoy...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW