HTC has recently announced that its Incredible S Android smartphone will be available exclusively through Optus for three months when it launches in Australia on 1 May. The HTC Incredible S is a successor to the HTC Droid Incredible; a smartphone tha...
It's set to be the year of the Android phone and two of the biggest upcoming releases in Australia are the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc, and the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Even by the new standards of cell phone advertising, the run-up to the HTC ThunderBolt -- Verizon's first 4G LTE smartphone -- was elaborate and expensive. Gatefold ads in mass-market magazines and high-profile TV spots on the Oscars, NASCAR and coll...
The past year has been a remarkable one for smartphones, with the meteoric rise of Google's Android OS, the restart of Microsoft's mobile strategy with its much-ballyhooed release of Windows Phone 7 and the continuing success of Apple's iPhone, buoye...
Android phones continue to rise in popularity in Australia. The Telstra-exclusive HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S are two of the most popular models sold down under and both are being succeeded in 2011 by the HTC Desire S and the Samsung Galaxy S...
This year is set to be a big one for Sony Ericsson. The company is releasing a number of XPERIA-branded Android smartphones in Australia in the coming months, including the much publicised Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play and the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc. I...
LG recently unveiled the Android-powered LG Optimus 2X. Powered by a 1GHz, dual-core Tegra 2 processor, LG claims the Optimus 2X will provide enhanced multimedia, gaming and Web browsing, along with the ability to multitask with "virtually no screen ...
If you haven't synced your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in the last 24 hours, you've got a surprise waiting for you: Apple has released iOS 4.3, promising new ways to access iTunes content, a Wi-Fi personal hotspot option and improved browser speeds. I...
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA Arc is the first of many XPERIA-branded Android phones to debut in 2011. Aside from the much publicised Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play, dubbed the 'PlayStation phone', the XPERIA Arc is the company's flagship smartphone for the firs...
After months of rumours, Sony Ericsson finally confirmed it will launch its XPERIA Play Android smartphone -- dubbed the 'PlayStation phone' -- in the coming months. Does this gaming smartphone have what it takes to compete with the [[artnid:355503|A...
You may already know the basics of Internet security and keeping your personal data private while browsing the Web: Use a firewall, don't open attachments you aren't expecting, and never follow links from strangers. But what about your smartphone? Th...
LG recently unveiled the world's first 3D smartphone, the LG Optimus 3D. It has a glasses-free 3D LCD screen and can record 3D video thanks to a special dual-lens camera. Does this 3D smartphone have what it takes to compete with the Apple iPhone 4? ...
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
The Samsung Galaxy S, along with the HTC Desire, is one of the most popular Android smartphones on the market in Australia. Samsung has just lifted the lid on its hotly anticipated next-generation Galaxy S, aptly titled the Galaxy S II. Does it have ...
The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of A...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW