Following intervention Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), Fone Care Pty Ltd, which operates Nokia Care Centres in Australia, has agreed to modify its refund policy.
Microsoft has no plans to bring its newly announced Kin handsets to Asia, despite the large size and relative sophistication of Asian cell-phone markets, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's comment last September that his company had "screwed up" with Windows Mobile had some theorizing that Microsoft's handheld team was in disarray and probably unable to take on the Apple iPhone and other devices.
Telstra has launched a second smartphone powered by Google's Android operating system, the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate smartphones from Taiwan's HTC based on Apple's claims of patent infringement.
Mobile phones should be fitted with porn filters to stop children accessing inappropriate content from their handsets, says Professor Tanya Byron.
Motorola and Optus this morning jointly announced the launch of Motoblur, a smartphone user interface that synchronises and streams content from social networks and mobile communications.
Yesterday gave way to a Wall Street Journal report that suggests a new Apple iPhone is <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/192827/new_iphone_coming_plus_a_version_for_verizon_report_says.html">coming sometime this summer</a>, and could make its w...
Teachers around the world, rejoice. A new mobile-phone technology could restore your students' spelling and grammar skills. "
Virgin Mobile is giving a bonus 1GB of data to new and existing Australian customers as part of a mobile Internet promotion.
Microsoft revealed this week at its Mix 10 conference for Microsoft-oriented Web developers that its forthcoming Windows Phone 7 mobile OS will not include a clipboard capability for copy-and-paste operations -- at least not in the first version.
Sales of mobile devices equipped with touch screens are set to boom worldwide, according a report published by research firm Gartner.
Optus has released a series of new prepaid mobile phone plans called Turbo Max that are designed for heavy users. However, the included minutes can only be used to call mobiles, not landlines.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) has announced today that its Vodafone and 3 Australian mobile networks will provide unlimited standard national voice calls network to network on the latest cap plans.
AT&T may have opened its arms to Android with the release of Motorola's Backflip, but it isn't exactly embracing the platform's open nature.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTOffice Administrator.VIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW