If Motorola's Milestone, a new GSM handset being introduced in Europe, looks familiar, there is a reason. It is a Droid with a different radio deck. It is also Europe's first Android 2.0 handset.
The mobile phone market globally turned a corner in the third quarter, with shipments by manufacturers increasing by 5.6% over the previous quarter, market research firm IDC reported.
Nokia has finally decided to kill off its N-Gage gaming platform after years of shifting the strategy behind it with little success.
Google Maps Navigation,introduced today, puts the company in direct competition with GPS makers and former best friend, Apple. The service, which can nicely replace a standalone GPS, is only available for handsets running Google's Android operating s...
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
Nokia today said it has sued Apple in federal court, charging that the iPhone infringes on 10 patents owned by the Finnish mobile phone maker.
LG Electronics, Research in Motion, Samsung Electronics and Sharp will all make mobile phones with support for a specification for software widgets set by a group of mobile operators, the Joint Innovation Lab (JIL) said on Wednesday.
The Motorola Droid smartphone that will ship in November from Verizon Wireless could well be the game-changer supporting analyst forecasts that the Android operating system will dominate those from the iPhone and the BlackBerry by 2012.
Say hello to inhuman business productivity: here comes the BlackBerry watch.
Research In Motion launched in India on Tuesday two BlackBerry handsets through its distributor Redington.
It looks like Sony Ericsson is about to pick sides in the mobile operating systems war. The company is getting ready to announce a new strategy, new CEO Bert Nordberg said during a conference call.
Mobile phones manufacturer Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications' third-quarter sales dropped by 42 percent compared to the same period last year, while its net loss increased sixfold.
Nokia reported a third-quarter loss of €559 million (US$833 million) that it blamed on charges related to its Nokia Siemens business. Sales of €9.8 billion were down 20 percent compared to last year, the company said on Thursday. The main reason for ...
The relationship between T-Mobile and Danger's Sidekick service is no longer a doe-eyed love affair thanks to the epic failure of the Danger servers and loss of data for thousands of customers. As the company that markets and distributes the Sidekick...
Australian smartphone shipments rose 29 per cent year-on-year in the first half of 2009, with sales of "data-centric" smartphones exceeding those of voice-centric handsets for the first time, according IDC research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW