After talking to wireless carriers, handset makers and analysts here, I believe we'll be seeing an Android smartphone (possibly made by Samsung) and sold by Sprint next year. Sprint openly confirms plans to sell a 4G smartphone next year, but is quie...
Motorola Inc. today announced an industrial-class handheld, the MC9500, that builds on its best-selling MC9000 and includes a new battery management technology and a universal accessory system to organize space for charging cradles, power packs and c...
Nokia's acquisition of Plum Ventures assets is another milestone in the move on the part of mobile phone vendors to pick up social-network technology as they hunt for new ways to get consumers to buy handsets.
LG Electronics has joined the ranks of mobile phone makers putting Google's Android mobile operating system into smartphones, unveiling the LG-GW620 on Monday.
Motorola on Thursday announced its first Android smartphone, which will ship in the fourth quarter with T-Mobile USA under the name Cliq.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Inc. formally announced the second WebOS smartphone today, the Palm Pixi, and said it will be available in the US from Sprint before the Christmas holidays.
Touch screens have changed the way people use mobile phones dramatically. But gesture controls, augmented reality and larger screen sizes are about to change habits even more, according to mobile interface expert Christian Lindholm.
The founding CEO of Nokia Siemens Networks has resigned and will be replaced by another long-term Nokia executive as the two-year-old company battles it out in a consolidating carrier-infrastructure industry.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Nokia is not a company worth getting excited about, but with a new Linux handset, netbook, and solutions focus, that may be changing. Or maybe not.
After several unofficial leaks, Nokia on Thursday officially unveiled the N900, the company's first Linux phone. It's a good first step to rejuvenate Nokia's smartphone line, but will the N900 have what it takes to go head-to-head with the iPhone and...
A group of international scientists today released a report that again raises concerns about cell phone usage and brain tumors, noting that one recent Swedish study saw a 400 per cent increased risk for teenage cell phone users.
Nokia is driving down the price of its touch-screen phones: Its latest, the 5230, will cost EUR149 (US$210) before operator subsidies and taxes.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW