Previous attempts to create a mass-market satellite phone may have failed miserably--just ask the backers of Globalstar, Iridium, and Odyssey--but a Virginia-based satellite firm believes it has a better solution that just may work this time.
Wouldn't it be nice if all our mobile gadgets connected to one universal charger? According to the vice president of the European Commission, Gunter Verheugen, it's not only possible, it's already on the drawing board.Steps are being taken to standar...
Vodafone is making a device designed to improve mobile signal in the home available to consumers in the UK.
Intel is hoping that a deal with mobile phone maker Nokia will create a new stable of mobile products with "Intel Inside". Intel is expected to announce a partnership in a press conference slated for 8:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday. The possibilities for both ...
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
66 percent of revenues earned from mobile phone handset accessories are generated in the aftermarket with items such as protective cases and memory cards.
LG announced the launch of the LG-GD900 Crystal, the world's first transparent phone, and the LG GM730 yesterday at CommunicAsia 2009.
Samsung Electronics showed off its upcoming Galaxy smartphone, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore on Tuesday.
Samsung Australia today announced four new mobile phones with full touch-screen capabilities: the Icon series. The phones in the Icon range are the Samsung Preston Icon, the Samsung Galaxy Icon, the Samsung HD Icon and the Samsung Omnia Icon. The fou...
Nokia introduced today the 5530 XpressMusic a follow-up on the company's 5800 device, with a sleeker look but with some scaled-down specs. Aimed at the youth market, the 5530 brings an improved touch interface cased in a steel frame finish.
Several blogs early Monday spilled the details of a refresh to Samsung's line of Omnia handsets. The electronics maker hoped to make a splash at this week's CommunicAsia 2009, which runs from June 16-19 in Singapore, with two Omnia Pro devices: the ...
40 percent of mobile phone users would rather lose their wallet than their mobile device. Nearly all said they would be "devastated" if they lost their phone.
Sony Ericsson's 'PlayNow arena with movies' service bundles new phones with a selection of downloadable movies. The service is simple to use, the image and sound quality is adequate, but the selection of movies leaves a lot to be desired.
After three years tethered to the ball and chain of Sony's Memory Stick Micro, Sony Ericsson has made the tough but needed decision to break up with the format and embrace the more universal MicroSD.
By using electronic manuals, smaller packaging, recycled plastics and a low-power charger Sony Ericsson aims to make its mobile phones more environmentally friendly, it said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia