Samsung Mobile Australia today announced the launch of its latest "hero" mobile phone, the UltraTouch, which comes equipped with a touch screen and a slide-out numeric keypad.
Mobile-phone sales continue to be hurt by the faltering economy, so vendors are increasingly looking to software and services to lure buyers of new devices.
Acer is already working on several different devices using Google's Android operating system and software, and plans to launch a smartphone using the software later this year.
Samsung Electronics became the first major mobile phone maker to launch a smartphone based on Google's Android software.
CTIA, the main industry association for U.S. mobile operators, has put its weight behind an initiative calling for a universal cell-phone charger.
Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems probably won't immediately affect the world of mobile Java, some industry observers said, though over time the company might have an interest in steering the technology to its benefit.
Criminals are willing to pay thousands of euros for a discontinued Nokia mobile phone with a software problem that can be exploited to hack into online bank accounts, according to a fraud investigator in the Netherlands.
Nokia's iPhone-wannabe 5800 XpressMusic smartphone is <a href="http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Consumers-Seeking-Cheap-Smartphones-678251/?kc=rss">doing great</a>, analysts say. But Nokia as a whole is expected to report a steep drop in ...
Post-graduate IT students from Carnegie Mellon University Australia (CMUA) have created a mobile phone app that provides commuters with live timetable information.
Nokia Thursday reported first-quarter sales down about 27 percent year-on-year, as sales of mobile phones dropped below 100 million units.
At the International CTIA Wireless show in Las Vegas earlier this month, Nokia had one of the biggest booths, but it was mostly hidden near the back of a major hall.<br/>
Stanford University researchers are designing an operating system from the ground up to handle the power and security requirements of mobile devices.
MIT researchers say they've combined nanotechnology with genetically engineered viruses to build batteries that could power hybrid cars and cell phones.
Users of the forthcoming Windows Marketplace for Mobile will be able to return applications within 24 hours, and they'll finally get an official Facebook app.
Virgin Mobile USA plans to introduce touch-screen handsets as part of a move into "smarter" phones, the carrier's CEO said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW