After years of growth, the global market for mobile handsets will contract by about 8 percent this year although smartphones will remain a growth area, according to a new forecast from IDC.
An initiative backed by both mobile phone manufacturers and operators will result in a universal charger based on the Micro-USB interface for new mobile phones.
LG today announced a new flagship mobile phone, the ARENA (KM900).
Adelaide-based company NV Phones today launched a range of 10 mobile phone "smart" watches Sydney's Darling Harbour. "I can see in 10-20 years this will actually take over handheld phones", said NV Phones CEO Anthony Cook.
The fourth quarter wasn't a good one for the mobile phone manufacturers, and now they are looking to smartphones to save the day.
Okay, we're a bit premature here. But that might happen if one analyst's prognostications are true. According to an Electronista report, Shaw Wu of Kaufman Bros. is predicting that Dell is getting closer to launching its first smart phone, although ...
LG Electronics announced Wednesday a high-speed wireless wrist-watch phone with video chat and text messaging capabilities at the Consumer Electronics Show.
A single malformed text message can prevent some Nokia smartphones from receiving further messages via SMS (Short Message Service) -- and the offending message can be sent from almost any Nokia phone, even non-smartphone models, a German security res...
Mobile phone shipments will decline by more than 2% in 2009 when compared with this year, the largest decline since 2001, according to a forecast from IDC released Thursday.
By 2020, mobile phones will be the primary Internet devices for most people in the world, according to a panel of experts, who also predict that Web technologies will probably not lead to increased social tolerance.
A decision in the Estonian parliament has opened the door for mobile phones to be used for authenticating voters in its 2011 election.
North Korea has taken a massive leap forward in telecommunications and launched a 3G cellular network but details about the service, how much it costs and who is eligible to use it remain a mystery.
They're back: rumours of an impending Zune phone announcement from Microsoft, this time probably at CES.
Vodafone Australia today announced that prepaid customers can recharge their credit using PayPal.
Melbourne company Kogan today announced Australia's first mobile phone to ship with Google's Android operating system. The phone is just the second in the world to have the Android OS preinstalled, after T-Mobile launched the G1 in the US in Septembe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA