The number of mobile VoIP users is set to grow to 100 million in Europe and the USA in the next two years.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
Skype, the Internet telephony provider, Thursday urged regulators in Europe to intervene to ensure that users aren't blocked from using their mobile phones to access much cheaper phone calls via the Internet.
Google Voice is headed for Blackberry and Android handsets, potentially turning smart phones into your hub for managing voice mail, all your contacts, and making low-cost phone calls, according to reports surfacing on the Web today.
Voice-over-IP applications will be forbidden from Microsoft's Windows MarketPlace for Mobile store, along with programs that are larger than 10MB or that change the default browser on a device.
Mobile operator 3 UK will allow users to enjoy unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and messages without ever having to pay, as long as they have a compatible handset and a SIM card from the operator, it said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
- Donald Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email
- Rival gang leaks decryption keys for Chimera ransomware
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW