The number of mobile VoIP users is set to grow to 100 million in Europe and the USA in the next two years.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
Skype, the Internet telephony provider, Thursday urged regulators in Europe to intervene to ensure that users aren't blocked from using their mobile phones to access much cheaper phone calls via the Internet.
Google Voice is headed for Blackberry and Android handsets, potentially turning smart phones into your hub for managing voice mail, all your contacts, and making low-cost phone calls, according to reports surfacing on the Web today.
Voice-over-IP applications will be forbidden from Microsoft's Windows MarketPlace for Mobile store, along with programs that are larger than 10MB or that change the default browser on a device.
Mobile operator 3 UK will allow users to enjoy unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and messages without ever having to pay, as long as they have a compatible handset and a SIM card from the operator, it said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW