Samsung has had its security enhanced smartphones and tablets approved for use by the US military.
Compuware has unveiled a free on-demand mobile application performance management (APM) service.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
The professional association for public sector ICT management’s (Socitm) latest annual IT Trends report, now in its 26th year, has found that the use of smartphones, tablets and bring your own device (BYOD) schemes have come out as the top priorities...
As the mobile industry prepares to show off lots of new shiny gadgets at this month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a mergers and acquisitions specialist says the industry should forget about hyping them up and prepare for the dominance of soft...
The boom in smartphone sales will make cellphones the biggest user of flash memory this year, according to a market brief from analyst IHS.
Half of the world's top airlines are spending more this year on IT and telecoms, according to the annual SITA/Airline Business Airline IT Trends Survey.
Accenture is taking on 3,000 <a href="http://www.computerworlduk.com/topics/nokia/">Nokia</a> staff who support and develop the Symbian operating system and support services.
A United Nations report into disaster relief calls for improved data sharing and technology collaboration between agencies to help save lives.
Cloud platforms are increasingly the "test bed for new collaborative experiences" in the enterprise, analyst Gene Leganza told Forrester's Enterprise Architecture Forum in London yesterday.
A small VoIP company has had to change its name after being threatened with legal action over its use of the word 'cloud' in its name by European Wi-Fi network The Cloud.
Private sector CIOs appear to be optimistic that the UK government's comprehensive spending review will not have a knock-on effect in their own patch.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW