Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
HTC's new Droid DNA has some standout hardware elements, but the Android smartphone suffers from significant drawbacks that make it difficult to recommend.
The release of the fourth-generation iPad so soon after the third-generation iPad may have come as a surprise to even diehard Apple watchers, but the device itself won't. By now, we all know what an iPad looks like, and the fourth-generation iPad loo...
Google's Nexus 4 offers outstanding hardware and an optimal Android experience, but it may require you to make a few compromises. Here's an in-depth look at the new flagship phone.
When the iPad debuted, many called it "just a big iPod touch." Most soon realized that such claims were misguided, as the iPad turned out to be much more: more powerful, more capable, more useful, more everything. Instead of being arithmetically bigg...
A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
Both Google's and Apple's mobile platforms have security drawbacks and advantages. Is there a clear winner?
Samsung's Galaxy Note II is big, bright and powerful, with a number of new features. Here's an in-depth look at where it excels -- and where it falls short.
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
Research In Motion continues to struggle as it works to finish the BlackBerry 10 operating system, but the audience at the London edition of the BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour developer event still thinks the company can play an important role in the e...
Motorola's Droid Razr HD makes a lasting impression with its first-class build quality and outstanding battery life -- but the Android smartphone also has its fair share of flaws.
Navigating an app store can be tricky, with vague descriptions, dubious user reviews, and sometimes buggy apps. We searched for the best apps available.
iOS 5 has hit the stage, and eager users everywhere are getting ready to upgrade their devices. If you're concerned about the upgrade process, or simply want to know all your setup options before making the big switch, let us help you upgrade your iP...
When Apple senior vice president Scott Forstall took the wraps off iOS 5 at Monday's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote, he focused on ten of what he said were more than 200 new features in the next incarnation of Apple's mobile operating system...
With Apple preparing to talk about the future of iOS at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June, and the rumor mill churning, it's time for an old tradition: the iPhone feature wish list.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW