Twitter, hungry for new data to fuel its targeted advertising, will start looking at what other apps its users have downloaded.
Opera Software thinks users are ready to subscribe to mobile apps just like music and is pitching curated versions of the company's Mobile Store to operators.
With mobile devices rapidly becoming the tools of choice for enterprise work, IBM wants to help IT departments make sure they can serve all users.
Silicon Valley-based ride-sharing company Uber is looking eastward to inject some wisdom into how it handles user data.
Even though China has blocked access to Google Play in the country, the app platform is still hoping to bring aboard more Chinese-made apps, and help them make money from international customers.
The biggest headcount reduction in Microsoft's history was driven by a need to invest in new technologies rather than the company's bottom line, according to an advisor to CEO Satya Nadella.
Uber drivers nice enough to let their passengers control a car's music with Spotify might find themselves subsidizing the party.
German startup Priori Data is set to launch an app analytics platform designed to help developers, and anyone else who's interested, find out what's really hot and what's not on Apple's App Store and Google Play.
Months after its messaging app was blocked in China, the company behind Line is "optimistic" it can bring the service back to the country in the near future, in spite of the government's growing censorship of the Internet.
In the next few weeks, Google will start to label websites that render well on mobile devices and is considering giving that label weight as a search rank signal, the company said Tuesday.
Cisco will package and deliver enterprise collaboration capabilities via a mobile and Web app built to replicate the ease of use of consumer software but designed for ad hoc, workplace team interaction.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Pandora, the algorithmic music radio app, is not afraid of its competitors in on-demand streaming like Spotify and Apple-owned Beats Music, because it has better feedback data than them, the company claims.
Almost everyone's pouring time and money into smartphones these days. Social networking giants mine them for ad revenue, retail stores use them to reach customers, and credit-card companies want to turn them into wallets. And then there's the Church ...
Yahoo is acquiring the video advertising platform BrightRoll for $640 million, in a move that could help to offset declines in its traditional display ad business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- WD TV (2014 Personal Edition) review: Big screen fun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC