The merger between T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS moved one step closer to completion on Tuesday as the FCC approved the deal without conditions.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
A new, Wi-Fi connected device called the Heat Meter allows homeowners to track propane, natural gas or oil use in real time and compare their home's efficiency with others in the area.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
Qualcomm has a big, well-funded research and development operation, but its program for commercializing new innovations is still a learning experience for the wireless chip maker.
Until late January, Apple's App Store servers did not encrypt all communications with iOS clients, which exposed users to several potential attacks, according to a Google security researcher.
Samsung's next-gen Galaxy S4 smartphone, to be unveiled on Thursday in New York City, will reportedly have a larger display with ultra-high resolution, a faster processor, and Eye Scroll software that tracks a user's eyes to determine when to scroll ...
As Google aims to expand search's ability to answer increasingly difficult questions based on contextual information, several key obstacles still stand in its way.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
LTE broadcast could make video and other content run better on smartphones and tablets, and the emerging technology has at least one highly motivated backer in mobile chipmaker Qualcomm.
Mobile carriers should deploy a number of safeguards to protect their customers against a growing problem of unauthorized billing through mobile payments, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Friday.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
German government officials including Chancellor Angela Merkel could soon be communicating about classified matters using BlackBerry Z10 smartphones equipped with a new micro-SD card from SecuSmart.
The Android operating system has been cleared of patent infringement in a case brought by Nokia against Android smartphone maker HTC.
This year's South by Southwest Interactive will play host to tech trends in areas as diverse as gaming, artificial intelligence, 3D printing and social networking, but whether the next Twitter will emerge at the conference is harder to say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC