MediaTek, a designer of software and chipsets for low-end phones, will work with Facebook on a social networking application for feature phones, the chip company said on Tuesday.
Salesforce.com's reach is about to get wider both in terms of functionality and target audience with the arrival of Do, a project management application announced in public beta on Tuesday.
Gavin Kim, a high-ranking executive in Samsung's mobile group, has left for Microsoft to help it build the fledgling Windows Phone 7 product line.
Microsoft, which on Monday held an event in New York to mark the U.S. launch of smartphones running its latest Windows Phone 7.5 OS, said it is taking steps to "align" the smartphone OS with its future tablet and PC OSes.
Chinese manufacturer Huawei announced pricing details for an Android smartphone and tablet on Monday, hoping to gain traction in an intensely competitive mobile marketplace with devices that have strong feature sets but are cheaper.
Early next year, seven smartphones from HTC will be upgraded to Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, the company said on Monday.
Apple is working to fix the battery problems faced by users of devices carrying its i0S 5 mobile operating system, solve a security issue with the magnetic SmartCover for the iPad 2 and add a new multi-touch feature to its original tablet.
The controversy over satellite-LTE carrier LightSquared could prevent the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from filling two vacant seats if a U.S. senator follows through on a threat issued this week.
AT&T has pushed back the expected date of its proposed US$39 billion merger with T-Mobile USA, saying now that the deal will close in the first half of 2012.
The European Union's top antitrust authority has launched an investigation into Samsung's use of patents to block sales of Apple products.
Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android, is likely to ease the fragmentation of the operating system, some device executives said on Thursday.
Cloud computing, security and the mobile space hold the most growth potential in the coming years, according to IT professionals surveyed by tech staffing firm Modis.
Mozilla developers hope to start testing phones running its new mobile operating system this quarter, with product demos slated for the first quarter next year and "productization" set for before June 2012, according to a road map on the project's we...
Oracle and Google held another settlement conference on Wednesday in their ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual-property violations in the Android mobile OS, but failed to reach an agreement, according to a filing in U.S. District Court for...
Google's highly anticipated Gmail app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad enjoyed a brief moment in the App Store on Wednesday, but was quickly pulled because of a bug.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
- Report: Samsung's head of TVs may be asked to revitalize mobile business
- Webcam snooper now looking for a job
- Alienware’s push into the living room
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC