The European Union is “shooting itself in the foot” when it comes to the mobile industry, Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner tells CEOs in Barcelona.
Chinese Internet giant Tencent is eyeing the U.S. mobile Internet market with its popular WeChat product, a messaging app that lets users send messages, voice recorded notes, and pictures to friends on the service.
The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
App.net, the social networking platform that launched as an ad-free alternative to Twitter, is looking to expand its user base by offering a free account option.
Analysts today were skeptical that Mozilla's push into mobile with Firefox OS would meaningfully change the game.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the California Office of the Attorney General should investigate Google's Wallet service for sharing app buyers' personal information with app developers, a privacy group said.
Mobile enterprise apps running on iPhones, Androids and other smartphones must be "user-friendly." But what does that really mean? A mobile app expert gives a concrete definition.
Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
As the world's carriers call for agreement on enough LTE frequencies to make roaming a reality, the technology's backers in North and South America are pushing for a single band that data-hungry travelers could use across the Western Hemisphere.
Consumers might not have to upgrade their phones to take advantage of a new video compression system that can send high-definition images much more efficiently than today's most popular formats.
In Star Wars terms, the small cells that mobile carriers and vendors will be talking up this week at Mobile World Congress are more like the odd-couple androids R2-D2 and C-3PO than like their foes, the Empire's phalanxes of identical storm troopers.
Telecom carriers continue to complain about taxes, regulation and over-the-top competition, but Mozilla's Firefox OS provides a glimmer of hope to some executives speaking at the opening of Mobile World Congress.
The largest mobile operators in China, Japan, and Korea have agreed on common standards for touch-card technology, clearing the way for travellers across East Asia to user their phones for travel and payments.
Mobile operators are hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate network-based features with their applications using a new platform called OneAPI Exchange.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT