Foursquare has launched a new mobile app aimed at making it easier for the 1 million business owners using the service to connect and share news with customers.
The U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security have asked for more time to consider Softbank's proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel, a move that may signal a rough road ahead for the US$20 billion deal.
Apple has released iOS 6.1 for iPhone and iPad, the latest version of its mobile operating system.
AppSense has released MobileNow, a cloud-based service that combines device and application administration features, as it hopes to take a bite out of the growing mobile management market.
Apple will start selling a version of the fourth-generation iPad with 128GB of storage starting Feb. 5, doubling the maximum offered storage space.
U.S. phone unlocking services face the biggest legal risk from mobile operators keen to enforce a change in copyright law that now makes it illegal to modify a mobile device to work on another network, according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation ...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Sierra Wireless will unload its AirCard mobile add-on business to Netgear for about US$138 million in cash and become a pure-play M2M vendor.
Apple today released iOS 6.1, the first major update for the mobile operating system since its September 2012 launch, patching 27 security vulnerabilities and adding 36 LTE carriers to the iPhone 5's support list.
A yearlong investigation by government privacy watchdogs in Canada and the Netherlands identified major weaknesses in the way the WhatsApp cellphone messaging application handled the personal information of its users.
Research In Motion is lowering the cost of the cheapest application price tier on BlackBerry World in order to make applications more attractive, as the company prepares to launch BlackBerry 10.
An ITU group has approved a successor to the H.264 video encoding standard, opening the door to future video transmission using only half the bandwidth that's now required.
Research In Motion has hinted that it will launch two new handsets early next month to accompany the release of its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
The blocked Facebook friend-search feature on Twitter's new Vine mobile video app may be an annoyance for users, but it's all part of the social networking game.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to investigate whether Ericsson has infringed Samsung Electronics patents related to wireless communication equipment, the agency said Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC