A suspected fault in how Samsung Electronics has implemented the Android's kernel in several of its devices could allow a malicious application to gain total control over the device.
Four months after Facebook released a native app for iOS, a corresponding Android version is available. The app, written with native code (instead of HTML 5) that the company says is twice as fast as the previous app, has no significant new features ...
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Sprint Nextel's proposed buyout of network partner Clearwire may be inevitable, and it could help Sprint keep its signature unlimited mobile data plans alive.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Amazon has launched an Instant Video app for Apple's iPhone and iPod touch, as well as a Cloud Player app for Samsung TVs.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will begin a pilot deployment of smartphones running Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 OS early next year.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Swedish mobile payments startup iZettle has expanded its territory to Spain, and is now available in seven European markets.
Google has made its Maps app available on the Apple App Store, after Apple stumbled with its own maps application.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
PrimeSense, which developed the 3D sensing technology used in Microsoft's Kinect, is set to unveil a compact 3D sensor that can fit into a variety of consumer electronic devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW