Four months after Facebook released a native app for iOS, a corresponding Android version is available. The app, written with native code (instead of HTML 5) that the company says is twice as fast as the previous app, has no significant new features ...
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Sprint Nextel's proposed buyout of network partner Clearwire may be inevitable, and it could help Sprint keep its signature unlimited mobile data plans alive.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Amazon has launched an Instant Video app for Apple's iPhone and iPod touch, as well as a Cloud Player app for Samsung TVs.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will begin a pilot deployment of smartphones running Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 OS early next year.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Swedish mobile payments startup iZettle has expanded its territory to Spain, and is now available in seven European markets.
Google has made its Maps app available on the Apple App Store, after Apple stumbled with its own maps application.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
PrimeSense, which developed the 3D sensing technology used in Microsoft's Kinect, is set to unveil a compact 3D sensor that can fit into a variety of consumer electronic devices.
Computer technology accounted for more patent applications in recent years than any other industry sector tracked by the World Intellectual Property Organization, although the number of digital communication patent applications grew faster. Industria...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTSupervisor / Team Leader - IT HealthcareQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA