Huawei Technologies will invest €70 million (US$90.6 million) over a five-year period to establish a research and development center in Helsinki, Finland; its first task will be to build software for smartphones and tablets based on Android and Windo...
The reported slow early sales of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has raised a question among IT analysts -- does Microsoft truly want to produce boffo sales of the new device?
Chinese networking vendors Huawei Technologies and ZTE are competing unfairly in the European mobile infrastructure market, according to an analysis being circulated by the European Commission, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
The four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile -- have agreed to accelerate the availability of emergency texting, or text-to-911.
Online music streaming service Spotify today announced new follow and discover features that aim to aid both users and artists, but the roll-out won't be fully completed until early next year.
At the end of a long court hearing in California on Thursday that saw Apple and Samsung argue over a US$1 billion damages award granted to Apple this summer, Judge Lucy Koh had a simple yet optimistic request: global peace.
Although Swype was once the champion of gesture-based typing for Android phones, it now faces some serious competition from the new SwiftKey Flow.
It looks like the iPhone will finally be coming to T-Mobile USA.
Extending its line of enterprise management software for mobile devices, Citrix is acquiring device management software provider Zenprise.
Sonos has updated its Controller app for iOS devices bringing AirPlay style streaming.
Apple and Samsung will return on Thursday to the San Jose courtroom where they battled over cell phone patents earlier this year, and Apple subsequently won damages of $1.05 billion.
Every time a new iPhone launches, AppStore downloads soar -- and app developers cheer.
Apple yesterday updated its iWork suite -- Pages, Numbers and Keynote -- for the iPad and iPhone, beefing up compatibility with Microsoft's Office.
Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Android sales have declined in the U.S., helping iOS regain the top spot among smartphone platforms sold in the three-month period ending in October, according to the latest research from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplesoft HR StrategistACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT