Every time a new iPhone launches, AppStore downloads soar -- and app developers cheer.
Apple yesterday updated its iWork suite -- Pages, Numbers and Keynote -- for the iPad and iPhone, beefing up compatibility with Microsoft's Office.
Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Android sales have declined in the U.S., helping iOS regain the top spot among smartphone platforms sold in the three-month period ending in October, according to the latest research from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.
Smartphone shipments to retailers worldwide this year are expected to total 717 million, 45% more than shipped in 2011, IDC said Tuesday.
A U.S. appeals court has upheld the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's authority to require mobile carriers to enter into data roaming agreements with each other.
Apple has made some changes to the terms and conditions that govern the use of its popular iTunes and App stores.
Mobile network operator Orange will install Lookout's Mobile Security application on some of the Android-based tablets and smartphones it distributes starting in 2013, aiming to protect millions of subscribers in the first year alone.
Verizon Wireless will shut down its Verizon Video service later this month, as mobile operators gradually back away from specialized, branded services and embrace what third parties have built.
At the ripe old age of 20, text messaging is still a popular way to communicate, but there are signs that its best days are behind it.
In the fast moving world of technology, there are perhaps few things that have proved as resistant to change as the simple SMS text message.
Showing that it's serious about quickly phasing out its venerable iDEN network and traditional push-to-talk service, Sprint Nextel now plans to charge all subscribers on that system an extra US$10 per month beginning Jan. 1.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, a smartphone developers can use to test their applications and get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY device next year. The company also said developers will be able to trade...
Microsoft's next OS update for Windows Phone 7 handsets won't be available until sometime in 2013.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC