Oracle and Google held another settlement conference on Wednesday in their ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual-property violations in the Android mobile OS, but failed to reach an agreement, according to a filing in U.S. District Court for...
Google's highly anticipated Gmail app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad enjoyed a brief moment in the App Store on Wednesday, but was quickly pulled because of a bug.
Yahoo Wednesday launched several applications for the iPad, including Livestand, a "digital newsstand" it announced in February that was supposed to ship in the first half of the year.
Satellite-LTE carrier LightSquared will be "the dumbest broadband wireless pipe," CEO Sanjiv Ahuja told a conference on Wednesday, warmly embracing a role that traditional mobile operators have rejected in varying degrees.
Nokia will use ST-Ericsson's dual-core NovaThor chips in future Windows Phones, the companies said on Wednesday.
WiMax carrier Clearwire has stopped selling postpaid service plans and dual-mode 3G-WiMax client devices, two moves that make it less of a competitor to its main wholesale customer, Sprint Nextel.
Juniper Networks' suite of mobile security and device management tools is coming to three Samsung Electronics devices, marking the first time the company has provided its SSL VPN software for Google's Android OS.
Motorola Mobility will lay off 800 people, the latest in a string of worker reductions at the handset maker, as it prepares to become part of Google.
Apple iPhone 4S users worried about the device’s battery draining rapidly can take steps to prevent the problem.
After reporting sales of 13.2 million smartphones during the third quarter, HTC is now the fourth largest smartphone vendor after having outpaced Research In Motion, according to market research company Canalys.
Cooperation between Sprint Nextel and Clearwire on LTE should help to bring two versions of that technology together, leading to increased device choices and roaming opportunities for subscribers in developed markets.
Samsung beat Apple to the top position in the smartphone market in the third quarter taking a 23.8 percent share of the global market to Apple's 14.6 percent, according to data released Friday by research firm Strategy Analytics.
The city of San Francisco can't make retailers display signs and stickers with information about cellphone health risks, but it can require retailers to give customers an information sheet about it, a federal judge ruled on Thursday.
Motorola Mobility reported a net loss of US$32 million, or $0.11 a share, on net revenue of $3.26 billion for the third quarter, as the phone maker prepares to become a part of Google.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW