Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took a San Francisco stage to introduce his company's newest iPad.
A teardown analysis of Motorola's Xoom tablet by IHS iSuppli found its materials cost nearly $360, compared with $320 for materials in the comparable 32GB iPad 3G.
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
Deutsche Telekom has joined the growing number of operators that will upgrade mobile networks to offer 42M bps (bits per second), it said on Tuesday at the Cebit trade show in Hanover.
Traditional helpers in disaster relief, such as the U.N. and world governments, provided aid after a massive earthquake devastated Haiti in January 2010, leveled Port-au-Prince, claimed 230,000 lives and <a href="http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organi...
Did you already go ahead and root your shiny new Motorola Xoom? If you did, you are no longer eligible for a 4G upgrade from Motorola. Sending in a rooted Xoom will just result in Motorola sending it back to you, sans 4G capabilities.
Nokia and Microsoft joining forces to better compete with Apple and Google's Android OS will be good for the smartphone market, Vodafone Germany's CEO Jan Geldmacher said in an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr72zluB44g">interview</a> at the...
Poor etiquette by mobile users is rampant and getting worse every day as use of smartphones and other wireless devices continues to mushroom, according to an Ipsos survey of U.S. adults.
Microsoft's recent deal with Nokia will put Windows Phone 7 on millions of Nokia mobile phones around the world. Microsoft in turn will shower billions of dollars on Nokia in marketing, engineering and other costs. The companies hope that together, t...
Sick of waiting for pages to load on your mobile device? Get an iPad or iPhone. That's the upshot of a mobile browser speed study done by a company called Gomez. They found that Apple's mobile version of Safari was fastest and BlackBerry's browser th...
T-Mobile USA suffered a net loss of 23,000 customers in the fourth quarter but gained 1 million smartphone users, which helped to increase the data revenue that the carrier pulled in from an average subscriber.
Major handset makers meeting on Friday in Taipei gave their nod to a final version of the world's first advanced LTE mobile data standard, which will raise transfer speeds to 1Gbps.
Microsoft said a "technical issue" is to blame for the recent Windows Phone 7 software update problems that have bricked about 10 percent of devices trying to upgrade. The update snafu mostly appears to be affecting Samsung devices. Microsoft hasn't...
Many of my friends hate Apple. They hate Apple's arrogance and the way the company manipulates the market. A great example of what they despise: Apple recently kicked out all book reading apps other than its own nice-to-look-at-but-not-well-featured-...
1. It really is fast. TeliaSonera, the Swedish carrier that in 2009 launched the first major commercial long-term evolution (LTE) service, delivered an average downstream speed of 33.4Mbps in informal tests last year. Verizon Wireless, which is using...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCAgile Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD