Did you already go ahead and root your shiny new Motorola Xoom? If you did, you are no longer eligible for a 4G upgrade from Motorola. Sending in a rooted Xoom will just result in Motorola sending it back to you, sans 4G capabilities.
Nokia and Microsoft joining forces to better compete with Apple and Google's Android OS will be good for the smartphone market, Vodafone Germany's CEO Jan Geldmacher said in an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr72zluB44g">interview</a> at the...
Poor etiquette by mobile users is rampant and getting worse every day as use of smartphones and other wireless devices continues to mushroom, according to an Ipsos survey of U.S. adults.
Microsoft's recent deal with Nokia will put Windows Phone 7 on millions of Nokia mobile phones around the world. Microsoft in turn will shower billions of dollars on Nokia in marketing, engineering and other costs. The companies hope that together, t...
Sick of waiting for pages to load on your mobile device? Get an iPad or iPhone. That's the upshot of a mobile browser speed study done by a company called Gomez. They found that Apple's mobile version of Safari was fastest and BlackBerry's browser th...
T-Mobile USA suffered a net loss of 23,000 customers in the fourth quarter but gained 1 million smartphone users, which helped to increase the data revenue that the carrier pulled in from an average subscriber.
Major handset makers meeting on Friday in Taipei gave their nod to a final version of the world's first advanced LTE mobile data standard, which will raise transfer speeds to 1Gbps.
Microsoft said a "technical issue" is to blame for the recent Windows Phone 7 software update problems that have bricked about 10 percent of devices trying to upgrade. The update snafu mostly appears to be affecting Samsung devices. Microsoft hasn't...
Many of my friends hate Apple. They hate Apple's arrogance and the way the company manipulates the market. A great example of what they despise: Apple recently kicked out all book reading apps other than its own nice-to-look-at-but-not-well-featured-...
1. It really is fast. TeliaSonera, the Swedish carrier that in 2009 launched the first major commercial long-term evolution (LTE) service, delivered an average downstream speed of 33.4Mbps in informal tests last year. Verizon Wireless, which is using...
Apple will hold an event next Wednesday, March 2, where it will likely launch the next iPad, analysts said today.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has asked a judge to shut down an alleged text-messaging spam operation that sent out 85 text messages per minute at its peak, the agency said Wednesday.
Verizon Wireless will start selling Motorola's Xoom tablet on Feb. 24 for $599.99 with a two-year service agreement, the carrier confirmed today.
An iPhone version of the augmented reality <a href="http://argon.gatech.edu/index.html">Argon browser</a>, which lets users scan places and objects with the phone's video camera and see Web content overlaid on the screen, is now available.
The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella follows Apple’s Tim Cook to India
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- US Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT