Microsoft will begin inviting users to test the new iOS and Android apps of Skype for Business, the enterprise communications software whose latest version was launched a few months ago.
Digium has launched open source SDKs that aim to make it easier for developers to add voice and video calling, instant messaging, and push notifications to their Android and iOS apps.
Ads have long been part of the trade-off for users of the free Web, but the rise of ad blockers is making it increasingly difficult for publishers to sustain that ad-supported model.
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With Nest's motion-sensing camera, that prevention will put a dent in your wallet.
Microsoft jumped further into the smartwatch app market Thursday, launching a trio of applications that put its services on users' wrists.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
Sprig, a startup whose mobile app lets users order food and have it delivered, is changing the status of its delivery drivers from contractors to employees.
A lawsuit alleging that Apple mishandles the text messages of people who switch from an iPhone to an Android smartphone can't proceed as a class-action case.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Some Apple mobile users have been encountering a pop-up message that is particularly difficult to close.
Despite what it said in November, Microsoft has confirmed that not all Lumia smartphones will be upgraded to Windows 10.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. For Twitter, that could mean a new approach to the way it displays tweets.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million US patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW