Google is rolling out a new service that lets users buy retail items directly from the search results page on mobile devices, in an effort to make mobile search more useful and give advertisers a new way to attract customers.
Uber has reached a confidential settlement with the family of a girl who was hit and killed by an Uber driver.
When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it woul...
A new family of Android malware adds insult to injury by making users pay for the data-stealing application.
Instagram is increasing the size of pictures users of its mobile app are allowed to post, finally opening the door of the photo sharing service to much more detailed images.
Tossup, a new Microsoft app for Android and iOS, aims to make it easier for users to poll their friends and get together.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Facebook is preparing a new way to show videos on the social network and opening the door to a new source of advertising revenue at the same time.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Shazam is releasing a new version of its music recognition app that lets users connect with artists they like and see what songs they've searched for using its service.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW