Uber has reached a confidential settlement with the family of a girl who was hit and killed by an Uber driver.
When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it woul...
A new family of Android malware adds insult to injury by making users pay for the data-stealing application.
Instagram is increasing the size of pictures users of its mobile app are allowed to post, finally opening the door of the photo sharing service to much more detailed images.
Tossup, a new Microsoft app for Android and iOS, aims to make it easier for users to poll their friends and get together.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Facebook is preparing a new way to show videos on the social network and opening the door to a new source of advertising revenue at the same time.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Shazam is releasing a new version of its music recognition app that lets users connect with artists they like and see what songs they've searched for using its service.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
When the Supreme Court issued its historic ruling on Friday legalizing same-sex marriage across the U.S., many of the biggest technology companies embraced the decision with characteristic flair through social media, on their sites, and with tools th...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW