When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it woul...
A new family of Android malware adds insult to injury by making users pay for the data-stealing application.
Instagram is increasing the size of pictures users of its mobile app are allowed to post, finally opening the door of the photo sharing service to much more detailed images.
Tossup, a new Microsoft app for Android and iOS, aims to make it easier for users to poll their friends and get together.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Facebook is preparing a new way to show videos on the social network and opening the door to a new source of advertising revenue at the same time.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Shazam is releasing a new version of its music recognition app that lets users connect with artists they like and see what songs they've searched for using its service.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
When the Supreme Court issued its historic ruling on Friday legalizing same-sex marriage across the U.S., many of the biggest technology companies embraced the decision with characteristic flair through social media, on their sites, and with tools th...
Owners of iOS devices that aren't holding a charge are in luck, thanks to a change Apple has made to its support policy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW