According to the latest rumours, Apple is planning to unveil the latest version of its iOS operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, along with a revamped MobileMe service in 'early April'.
An iPhone 3G owner who was in Chicago to attend a convention used Apple's new "Find My iPhone" location service to pinpoint, then confront, the thief who made off with his phone.
Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
MobileMe has always seemed like a hard sell in the consumer market.
Remember the early days of PDAs? They revolutionized the concept of a planner by combining calendars, contacts and notes into a compact, easy-to-carry device that could be connected to and synced with your computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Traffic tickets got you down? This robo-lawyer has already saved users $4 million
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC