According to the latest rumours, Apple is planning to unveil the latest version of its iOS operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, along with a revamped MobileMe service in 'early April'.
An iPhone 3G owner who was in Chicago to attend a convention used Apple's new "Find My iPhone" location service to pinpoint, then confront, the thief who made off with his phone.
Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
MobileMe has always seemed like a hard sell in the consumer market.
Remember the early days of PDAs? They revolutionized the concept of a planner by combining calendars, contacts and notes into a compact, easy-to-carry device that could be connected to and synced with your computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW