According to the latest rumours, Apple is planning to unveil the latest version of its iOS operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, along with a revamped MobileMe service in 'early April'.
An iPhone 3G owner who was in Chicago to attend a convention used Apple's new "Find My iPhone" location service to pinpoint, then confront, the thief who made off with his phone.
Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
MobileMe has always seemed like a hard sell in the consumer market.
Remember the early days of PDAs? They revolutionized the concept of a planner by combining calendars, contacts and notes into a compact, easy-to-carry device that could be connected to and synced with your computer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- PTProject ManagersACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT