As Microsoft prepares to release a major upgrade to its Windows Phone operating system, to version 8.1, some third party software makers are unsure whether smartphones running Windows Phone 8.0 will run the new OS.
Microsoft's new update for Windows Phone 8 added support for larger phones and higher-resolution screens, a move analysts hoped would soon put the operating system onto small-sized tablets, a market Microsoft and its OEM partners have largely ignored...
Troubled BlackBerry started the smartphone marathon race ahead of the pack years ago, but has fallen well behind as it faces 4,500 worker layoffs, a $1 billion write-off for unsold smartphones and the likelihood of being sold off in parts.
It appears that Amazon will eventually produce a smartphone -- the question is not if, but when.
Samsung will reportedly announce its next-generation Galaxy S5 smartphone in January -- two months sooner than expected -- because of poor sales of the Galaxy S4.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Analytics and advertising firms tracking Apple's new mobile operating system iOS 7 said today that its uptake has been 14% faster than last year's iOS 6.
UCLA researchers reported this week that they have created a light-emitting electronic display that can be stretched, folded and twisted, while remaining lit and snapping back into its original shape.
Apple today said it had sold over 9 million iPhones during the opening three-day weekend of sales, an 80 per cent increase over last year's launch of the iPhone 5 and a record by a major margin.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
Google is buying the mobile startup Bump Technologies, makers of the popular app that enables users to transfer photos, videos and files just by bumping their phones together.
Microsoft will pay at least $200 for used iPads made by rival Apple, and in return issue credit that customers can use to buy one of the company's Surface tablets.
Early reaction to Samsung's new Galaxy Gear smartwatch, announced on Wednesday in Berlin, was decidedly downbeat if not downright negative.
The next version of Android will be called KitKat after the Nestle chocolate bar, and not Key Lime Pie, as was predicted for months, Google has announced.
Leaked photos show an upcoming BlackBerry smartphone/phablet with a 5in display that will launch with the name Z30 instead of the earlier-expected name A10.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW