As Microsoft prepares to release a major upgrade to its Windows Phone operating system, to version 8.1, some third party software makers are unsure whether smartphones running Windows Phone 8.0 will run the new OS.
Microsoft's new update for Windows Phone 8 added support for larger phones and higher-resolution screens, a move analysts hoped would soon put the operating system onto small-sized tablets, a market Microsoft and its OEM partners have largely ignored...
Troubled BlackBerry started the smartphone marathon race ahead of the pack years ago, but has fallen well behind as it faces 4,500 worker layoffs, a $1 billion write-off for unsold smartphones and the likelihood of being sold off in parts.
It appears that Amazon will eventually produce a smartphone -- the question is not if, but when.
Samsung will reportedly announce its next-generation Galaxy S5 smartphone in January -- two months sooner than expected -- because of poor sales of the Galaxy S4.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Analytics and advertising firms tracking Apple's new mobile operating system iOS 7 said today that its uptake has been 14% faster than last year's iOS 6.
UCLA researchers reported this week that they have created a light-emitting electronic display that can be stretched, folded and twisted, while remaining lit and snapping back into its original shape.
Apple today said it had sold over 9 million iPhones during the opening three-day weekend of sales, an 80 per cent increase over last year's launch of the iPhone 5 and a record by a major margin.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
Google is buying the mobile startup Bump Technologies, makers of the popular app that enables users to transfer photos, videos and files just by bumping their phones together.
Microsoft will pay at least $200 for used iPads made by rival Apple, and in return issue credit that customers can use to buy one of the company's Surface tablets.
Early reaction to Samsung's new Galaxy Gear smartwatch, announced on Wednesday in Berlin, was decidedly downbeat if not downright negative.
The next version of Android will be called KitKat after the Nestle chocolate bar, and not Key Lime Pie, as was predicted for months, Google has announced.
Leaked photos show an upcoming BlackBerry smartphone/phablet with a 5in display that will launch with the name Z30 instead of the earlier-expected name A10.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC