Apple's share of global smartphone shipments declined to 13.2% in the second quarter, while both Android and Windows Phone registered slight increases, IDC said Wednesday.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet held up better than the iPad Mini and the original Nexus 7 in durability tests performed by Square Trade.
Nokia has unveiled its largest Windows 8 smartphone, the Lumia 625, which sports a 4.7-in. LCD screen and a price tag of under US$300.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
Nokia has officially announced its Lumia 1020 smartphone with superior camera and video technologies, including a 41 megapixel optical sensor and 6x zoom.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
Two years after virtually dropping out of the mobile business, Hewlett-Packard is working on a new smartphone, an HP executive told Press Trust of India.
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
if reports are accurate, Facebook may soon be where smartphone and tablet users can get the latest news from around the world.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC