Employees are eager to incorporate wearable devices into their work routines but aren't convinced the technology will make their jobs easier and want employers to cover the costs, according to a survey from IT staffing firm Modis.
IT salaries will remain mostly stagnant in 2015, except for workers with highly coveted skill sets, according to a report tracking IT salaries and skills demand in the coming years.
With 10,000 U.S. baby boomers turning 65 every day until 2030, the IT industry is among those that must plan how its workforce will be impacted when these employees eventually retire.
Cloud computing, security and the mobile space hold the most growth potential in the coming years, according to IT professionals surveyed by tech staffing firm Modis.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC