Changing databases is not a move to be taken lightly, especially when the switch is to a relatively new kind of database.
IT shops that want professional support for MongoDB without paying for the enterprise edition of the company's increasingly popular NoSQL database now have an option from MongoDB itself.
Upstart NoSQL software vendor MongoDB has snagged a key engineer from the ranks of Oracle, the company's largest competitor in the database software market.
Following its success with Amazon Web Services, MongoDB's namesake database can now run on cloud services from Microsoft and Google.
Working to keep its place in an increasingly heated competitive landscape, MongoDB has updated its namesake open-source NoSQL database system with considerable performance improvements, a new automated management module and stronger security tools.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia