"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
The U.S. White House will launch new efforts aimed at combating abusive patent lawsuits, including a website to assist defendants of patent lawsuits brought by so-called patent trolls.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Some websites and mobile app developers are confused about how to comply with revised rules governing the online collection of personal information from children that took effect in the U.S. Monday, critics said.
The U.S. Congress should allow new challenges to patents on processes that are enabled by computers, and lawmakers should make it more difficult for patent-holding firms to gain import injunctions at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the White...
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD