"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
The U.S. White House will launch new efforts aimed at combating abusive patent lawsuits, including a website to assist defendants of patent lawsuits brought by so-called patent trolls.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Some websites and mobile app developers are confused about how to comply with revised rules governing the online collection of personal information from children that took effect in the U.S. Monday, critics said.
The U.S. Congress should allow new challenges to patents on processes that are enabled by computers, and lawmakers should make it more difficult for patent-holding firms to gain import injunctions at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the White...
Mobile app developers should provide real-time disclosures to users on the personal information they collect and get permission to collect sensitive information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has recommended.
Several consumer and digital rights groups applauded the U.S. Department of Justice's opposition to AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, with critics of the deal saying it would have hurt consumers.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
Makers of applications that locate drunk-driving checkpoints are misunderstood, defenders said Wednesday, a day after four U.S. senators called for smartphone makers to pull applications from their services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW