Microsoft Corp. is preparing to launch a public beta of Morro, the free antimalware it announced last November, according to a report by the Reuters news service.
Microsoft will dump its Windows Live OneCare consumer security software next year and instead give away revamped, streamlined anti-malware software that it's calling "Morro" for the moment.
Who should know more about PC threats than the company whose software makes most of them possible? Is Microsoft's upcoming, free anti-malware app the company's way of apologizing to customers?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Baidu, Tencent help Chinese shopping malls take on Alibaba
- LG playing waiting game for plasma TV exit
- Soniq 55in Full HD TV (E55S14A)
- Toshiba sensor to sharpen smartphone photos
- Samsung's 3G Gear S could pave the way for the smartphones of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.