Microsoft Corp. is preparing to launch a public beta of Morro, the free antimalware it announced last November, according to a report by the Reuters news service.
Microsoft will dump its Windows Live OneCare consumer security software next year and instead give away revamped, streamlined anti-malware software that it's calling "Morro" for the moment.
Who should know more about PC threats than the company whose software makes most of them possible? Is Microsoft's upcoming, free anti-malware app the company's way of apologizing to customers?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC