2010 will be a landmark year for Google's Android operating system in Australia. Offering a number of benefits over Apple's iPhone including an open applications market, a customisable user interface and full multitasking, the Android platform contin...
The Motorola Droid certainly hasn't been an "iPhone killer," but it has become a solid alternative to the iPhone for Verizon customers who don't want to switch their carriers.
Yesterday's statement from Palm's CEO, lamenting how Motorola's Droid beat the Palm Pre into Verizon stores, I was reminded of a famous Marlon Brando line from "On the Waterfront." Many people know the words, even of they don't know they come from a ...
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Google's pretty good at keeping its Web and search developments secret, but it's quickly learning that hardware's a different beast, as details on the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/184555/googles_nexus_one_test_phone_details_emerge.html">Ne...
Motorola's Droid has been the subject of much furor lately, fueled in-part by a series of ad spots, including Verizon's controversial campaign.
It's apparently not common knowledge that there are actually two Droids: the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris. They're both Android-based phones, but significantly different in form and firmware. The Motorola Droid is a slider phone with a large...
There is no piece of technological wizardry that I want so much as a Droid. Yet, I have decided to hold onto my iPhone. Why? Because the iPhone is the PC of smartphones.
The new Droid slider smartphone by Motorola Inc., running on the Verizon Wireless network, is clearly not an iPhone killer. But it is still pretty cool, with multitasking abilities and Google Inc.'s touches, such as quick access to Google Maps for tu...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
Motorola's Droid has a tough game of catch-up to play, but not as tough as what faces Palm's Pre as both challenge Apple's iPhone. Longer term, this may be a two horse race, with Android winning in the end and BlackBerry still chugging along.
With its new focus on Android-based handsets like Droid and Cliq, Motorola may finally be getting back its handset groove back.
Too much, as least so early, is being made of the Motorola Droid's supposedly magical powers. Can a single handset "save" Motorola, launch a new operating system, and smite the evil Steve Jobs?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC