LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has been found guilty of breaching EU competition law but escaped a fine from European Union regulators.
Wireless carriers in the U.S., handset makers and the industry's lobbying group have made a significant concession on technology that could remotely disable stolen smartphones and tablets.
Rick Osterloh has been promoted to president and chief operating officer of Motorola Mobility, the Google business unit that is being acquired by Lenovo.
David Jevans, CTO and founder of Marble Security, recently received some bad feedback from a potential customer testing his company's product, which helps organizations manage and secure their mobile devices.
The German Federal Patent Court has invalidated a Microsoft mapping patent because it lacked an inventive step, a court spokeswoman said Friday. The company had alleged that Motorola Mobility and Google infringed the patent in the Google Maps app.
Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
A lawsuit between patent licensing firm Intellectual Ventures and Motorola Mobility over aspects of Google's Android OS and several mobile phone features has ended in a mistrial.
Positive earnings news from the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple helped boost tech shares in what was otherwise a gloomy week for the markets.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has announced it will start shipping the Moto X in Europe at the beginning of February.
Apple hasn't infringed on a disputed Motorola patent in its iPhone, an appeals court said Friday.
An appeals court has ruled against a Motorola Mobility bid to declare invalid a Microsoft patent that figures in an import ban by the U.S. International Trade Commission on certain Motorola mobile phones.
Motorola Mobility is tapping into 3D printing as a way to make parts for user-customized smartphones, a concept being chased by the company under an initiative called Project Ara.
The German Federal Patent Court has branded as partly invalid a Motorola message synchronization patent that was used to force Apple to switch off iOS push email services in Germany for more than a year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia