LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has been found guilty of breaching EU competition law but escaped a fine from European Union regulators.
Wireless carriers in the U.S., handset makers and the industry's lobbying group have made a significant concession on technology that could remotely disable stolen smartphones and tablets.
Rick Osterloh has been promoted to president and chief operating officer of Motorola Mobility, the Google business unit that is being acquired by Lenovo.
David Jevans, CTO and founder of Marble Security, recently received some bad feedback from a potential customer testing his company's product, which helps organizations manage and secure their mobile devices.
The German Federal Patent Court has invalidated a Microsoft mapping patent because it lacked an inventive step, a court spokeswoman said Friday. The company had alleged that Motorola Mobility and Google infringed the patent in the Google Maps app.
Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
A lawsuit between patent licensing firm Intellectual Ventures and Motorola Mobility over aspects of Google's Android OS and several mobile phone features has ended in a mistrial.
Positive earnings news from the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple helped boost tech shares in what was otherwise a gloomy week for the markets.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has announced it will start shipping the Moto X in Europe at the beginning of February.
Apple hasn't infringed on a disputed Motorola patent in its iPhone, an appeals court said Friday.
An appeals court has ruled against a Motorola Mobility bid to declare invalid a Microsoft patent that figures in an import ban by the U.S. International Trade Commission on certain Motorola mobile phones.
Motorola Mobility is tapping into 3D printing as a way to make parts for user-customized smartphones, a concept being chased by the company under an initiative called Project Ara.
The German Federal Patent Court has branded as partly invalid a Motorola message synchronization patent that was used to force Apple to switch off iOS push email services in Germany for more than a year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW