Optus has announced that it is now selling Motorola's Xoom Android tablet, and has priced the tablet device considerably lower than rival Telstra.
Motorola's Xoom Android tablet launched in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, but Telstra has today confirmed that a software update in July will activate the missing functionality.
Motorola has confirmed its much-anticipated Xoom Android tablet will launch in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, and the company has not specified when it will be active.
Telstra has confirmed it will sell the Motorola Xoom Android tablet in Australia from next month following weeks of rumours.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
After rushing its tablet to market ahead of Apple's iPad 2 announcement, Motorola is updating its Xoom tablet's software with Flash support. Is it a coincidence it's on the same day Apple's iPad 2 goes on sale? I think not.
The Google Android-based Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet will start at about $600 for a Wi-Fi only version – a price that should be much more competitive with Apple iPad pricing than was initially thought.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW