Motorola Xoom review: An Android 'Honeycomb' tablet that promises a slick multimedia experience
motorola xoom in pictures
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Motorola seems to have made a mess of Google's latest Android software update on its Xoom tablet, after it released, then halted the Android 3.1 software update citing a 'system error'.
Motorola today announced the Australian availability of a Wi-Fi only version of its Xoom Android tablet, simply called the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi.
Motorola's Xoom Android tablet launched in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, but Telstra has today confirmed that a software update in July will activate the missing functionality.
Optus has confirmed it will launch Motorola's Xoom Android tablet in June, a month after the device goes on sale through Telstra.
Motorola has confirmed its much-anticipated Xoom Android tablet will launch in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, and the company has not specified when it will be active.
Tablets are clearly one of the hottest tech categories in 2011, and the emerging slate market shows no sign of slowing down. Two of the most popular iPad 2 alternatives are the Motorola Xoom, and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Apple's iPad 2 may be the dominant player in the tablet market, but the coming months will see the release of a plethora of Android tablets equipped with Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system.
Apple's iPad 2 may be flying off the shelves, but the coming months will see a number of challengers aiming for a slice of the tablet pie.
All eyes are on the Motorola Xoom tablet, and for good reason: It's the first device in an expected multitude to ship with Google's tablet-optimized Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). The Xoom has a lot of features to like, and a lot to set it apart from the e...
To buy or not to buy? That's the question right now as the Motorola Xoom, Google's first Android Honeycomb tablet, gets ready to make its grand debut.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT