Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
Motorola has amended a two-year-old industrial spying lawsuit to include competitor Huawei Technologies, which Motorola claims received valuable technology from its own rogue employees.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
Nokia Siemens Networks' acquisition of most of Motorola's cellular networks business may be the last move in a long game of consolidation in the industry, which has been hammered by price pressures.
The joint venture of Nokia Siemens Networks has agreed to purchase the network equipment division of Motorola for an estimated $US1.2 billion. Motorola's loss is Nokia Siemens' gain, as the acquisition catapults it into the number three spot for wire...
Motorola has found a buyer for its wireless network equipment unit: Nokia Siemens Networks will pay US$1.2 billion for most of that business, the companies announced Monday.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
Verizon Wireless on Thursday will start selling Motorola's highly anticipated smartphone, the Droid X, a faster and multimedia-savvy successor to the original Droid that was introduced in October last year.
The Droid X smartphone. The Droid X smartphone ships on Thursday, following an unusual pre-sales publicity campaign designed to entice the savvy tech crowd that might also include some in the iPhone 4 camp as well.
Patent holding company NTP, which received a US$612.5 million settlement from BlackBerry marker Research In Motion in a patent infringement case, has filed patent lawsuits against six makers of smartphones or related software, including Apple and Goo...
Android is gaining on all the major smartphone platforms in the U.S., though it was only the fourth-most-used mobile operating system in May, market data firm comScore reported on Thursday.
Motorola this week gave more details of its planned reorganization, saying it will spin off its mobile devices and home products business into a new entity called Motorola Mobility.
That didn't take long: Android 2.2 just started shipping this week, but rumors of the upcoming Android 3.0 release have already emerged.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW