The Australian Federal Police yesterday embarked on a major crackdown of counterfeit goods, including pirated software, computers and CDs and DVDs, in a move hailed by as a victory by software companies like Microsoft and representatives of the music...
The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) has appealed a decision handed down in the Federal Court earlier this month. Justice Dennis Cowdroy ruled that Internet service provider iiNet had not authorised its users to breach copyright,...
Australian ISP iiNet has won a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
Nearly one in ten of all consumers in the UK, France, Germany and the US have admitted to watching illegally downloaded video contents, says Futuresource Consulting.
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
You might not realize it, but two out of every 10 of your co-workers might be using pirated software, according to industry statistics. You might be, too, for that matter, particularly if you work in manufacturing or at a small or midsize company wit...
With all the outrage over The Pirate Bay going legit, I think it's time to reconsider the merits of illegally media sharing. The world has changed since Napster introduced peer-to-peer file sharing in 1999, and the culture that made the practice seem...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT