The Australian Federal Police yesterday embarked on a major crackdown of counterfeit goods, including pirated software, computers and CDs and DVDs, in a move hailed by as a victory by software companies like Microsoft and representatives of the music...
The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) has appealed a decision handed down in the Federal Court earlier this month. Justice Dennis Cowdroy ruled that Internet service provider iiNet had not authorised its users to breach copyright,...
Australian ISP iiNet has won a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
Nearly one in ten of all consumers in the UK, France, Germany and the US have admitted to watching illegally downloaded video contents, says Futuresource Consulting.
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
You might not realize it, but two out of every 10 of your co-workers might be using pirated software, according to industry statistics. You might be, too, for that matter, particularly if you work in manufacturing or at a small or midsize company wit...
With all the outrage over The Pirate Bay going legit, I think it's time to reconsider the merits of illegally media sharing. The world has changed since Napster introduced peer-to-peer file sharing in 1999, and the culture that made the practice seem...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW