On its fifth birthday, Firefox must be considered both an incredible success and somewhat of a failure. The open source Web browser is a great product and quite an achievement, but has not tremendously advanced the cause of "free" software.
Mozilla's Firefox Web browser has just hit a new milestone, reaching its 1 billionth user download.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 is off to a running start. The new browser, boasting significant speed increases and a host of added features, was officially released Tuesday morning. By mid-afternoon, the program had surpassed 1.6 million downloads worldwide ...
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.5, which you can download from Mozilla's Web site. Firefox 3.5 boasts a number of significant changes--ranging from new ways to work with the browser features to under-the-hood improvements that Mozilla developers say...
There was a time when Firefox was the Web browser for the cool kids who knew their tech. Most would still agree that it's better than Internet Explorer, but that's damning it with faint praise. Over the last year or so, Firefox has become better know...
Ask people what they like most about the Firefox browser and the answer is almost unanimous: The add-ons. Though blamed for slowing browser performance, the downloads allow users to customize the Firefox experience. Jetpack, announced yesterday, hope...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia