On its fifth birthday, Firefox must be considered both an incredible success and somewhat of a failure. The open source Web browser is a great product and quite an achievement, but has not tremendously advanced the cause of "free" software.
Mozilla's Firefox Web browser has just hit a new milestone, reaching its 1 billionth user download.
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 is off to a running start. The new browser, boasting significant speed increases and a host of added features, was officially released Tuesday morning. By mid-afternoon, the program had surpassed 1.6 million downloads worldwide ...
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.5, which you can download from Mozilla's Web site. Firefox 3.5 boasts a number of significant changes--ranging from new ways to work with the browser features to under-the-hood improvements that Mozilla developers say...
There was a time when Firefox was the Web browser for the cool kids who knew their tech. Most would still agree that it's better than Internet Explorer, but that's damning it with faint praise. Over the last year or so, Firefox has become better know...
Ask people what they like most about the Firefox browser and the answer is almost unanimous: The add-ons. Though blamed for slowing browser performance, the downloads allow users to customize the Firefox experience. Jetpack, announced yesterday, hope...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW