Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari posted record numbers in January while Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) lost ground for the sixth month running, an Internet measurement company said today.
A new, experimental add-on from Mozilla Labs' Prospector project removes the standard browser interface from Firefox 4 and instead gives full priority to Web content.
Adventuresome Firefox users who can't wait to try out the "do not track" feature can do so now by grabbing a "nightly build" of the browser. Nightly builds are for testing purposes only, Mozilla warns, and aren't as stable as beta releases.
While all the world scrutinized the proposed "Do Not Track" feature for Mozilla's Firefox 4 on Monday, a tiny patch quietly emerged that promises to cut the open source browser's startup time in half on Windows.
A day after Mozilla said it was exploring a "Do Not Track" feature for Firefox, Google today announced a Chrome add-on that lets users opt out of tracking cookies that monitor their movement and behavior online.
Mozilla, the developer of the Firefox browser, is working a feature that will allow users to opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
Amid controversy over Google's decision to strip H.264 support from its Chrome browser, a Google official has acknowledged H.264 is more popular than the WebM video codec, but said restrictive licensing will ultimately doom H.264.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
Mozilla today shipped Firefox 4 Beta 9, perhaps the last it will release before it pushes toward a final version now planned to ship by the end of February.
Mozilla hopes to have a final version of Firefox 4 ready to ship by the end of February, according to comments made by the company's engineering director.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
A Mozilla database was exposed to the Internet, the Mozilla Foundation disclosed
Hard on the heels of Microsoft's decision to offer "do not track" functionality in its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 browser comes word that Mozilla is planning a similar move for its Firefox 4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW