Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari posted record numbers in January while Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) lost ground for the sixth month running, an Internet measurement company said today.
A new, experimental add-on from Mozilla Labs' Prospector project removes the standard browser interface from Firefox 4 and instead gives full priority to Web content.
Adventuresome Firefox users who can't wait to try out the "do not track" feature can do so now by grabbing a "nightly build" of the browser. Nightly builds are for testing purposes only, Mozilla warns, and aren't as stable as beta releases.
While all the world scrutinized the proposed "Do Not Track" feature for Mozilla's Firefox 4 on Monday, a tiny patch quietly emerged that promises to cut the open source browser's startup time in half on Windows.
A day after Mozilla said it was exploring a "Do Not Track" feature for Firefox, Google today announced a Chrome add-on that lets users opt out of tracking cookies that monitor their movement and behavior online.
Mozilla, the developer of the Firefox browser, is working a feature that will allow users to opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
Amid controversy over Google's decision to strip H.264 support from its Chrome browser, a Google official has acknowledged H.264 is more popular than the WebM video codec, but said restrictive licensing will ultimately doom H.264.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
Mozilla today shipped Firefox 4 Beta 9, perhaps the last it will release before it pushes toward a final version now planned to ship by the end of February.
Mozilla hopes to have a final version of Firefox 4 ready to ship by the end of February, according to comments made by the company's engineering director.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
A Mozilla database was exposed to the Internet, the Mozilla Foundation disclosed
Hard on the heels of Microsoft's decision to offer "do not track" functionality in its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 browser comes word that Mozilla is planning a similar move for its Firefox 4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC