Microsoft released on Wednesday a Firefox browser add-on extending HTML5-based video on the company's Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) blocks more malicious sites and malware than any other browser, including its predecessor IE8, according to a report released Tuesday.
As expected, Google launched its Chrome Web Store today, offering users of its browser free and paid Web apps.
Firefox 4 will automatically update the browser's extensions, a Mozilla interface designer said Sunday.
Companies including Mozilla, Opera Software, Palm and Sony Ericsson are trying to accelerate the use of Web standards when developing applications for smartphones.
Along with its audited financial statements indicating a revenue increase of 34 percent last year, Mozilla late last week also published a "State of Mozilla" report providing a glimpse at what the organization is planning for the future.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Apple today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Safari for Mac OS X and Windows, 85 per cent of them critical bugs that could be exploited to hijack Macs or PCs.
Microsoft's top executive for Internet Explorer (IE) today dismissed browser speed trials as "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
The timing might sound suspicious to some observers, but Mozilla has just announced a social networking plugin for Firefox that offers some of the features found in the much-heralded RockMelt social browser, the limited-availability beta of which was...
With the release of Firefox 4 Beta 7, Mozilla returned to near the top spot in browser performance rankings.
Mozilla is celebrating the sixth birthday of its Firefox browser today, and it's inviting users of the popular free and open source browser to help by sending in a postcard for display in Mozilla's Mountain View or Paris offices.
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
The latest Firefox 4 Mobile beta for Android and Maemo promises more speed and a fresher look, but it's still not ready to replace the default browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC