The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
The latest Firefox 4 Mobile beta for Android and Maemo promises more speed and a fresher look, but it's still not ready to replace the default browser.
Mozilla has released an faster, smaller beta version of its Firefox 4 browser for Android-based smartphones with an improved user interface, according to a Thursday blog post.
Google today patched 12 vulnerabilities in its Chrome browser, all of them rated as high-level threats by the company's security team.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
The newly released sixth preview of Internet Explorer 9 best handles the forthcoming HTML5 standard, followed by Google's Chrome 7 Web browser, according to recent early tests by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
A new Firefox vulnerability reported on Tuesday affects primarily users of the browser on older versions of Windows, security firm Trend Micro has determined.
Mozilla today announced that it will delay the release of Firefox 4 until 2011.
Mozilla today said it wouldn't -- or couldn't -- pull a "kill switch" to disable the Firesheep add-on that lets anyone steal log-on and account access information to Facebook, Twitter and other major Web services.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Mozilla developers are scrambling to fix a new Firefox browser bug being used by criminals to install malicious software on victims' computers.
No matter how many choices there are in the Web browser arena, it's a pretty safe bet that many of us would love to tweak some aspect of the interface on our browser of choice, if given the opportunity. After all, no one product can satisfy everyone ...
Mozilla on Tuesday patched 12 vulnerabilities in Firefox, including a second patch for a "binary planting" problem in Windows that researchers publicized last year.
The Mozilla Corporation announced Thursday that SAP executive Gary Kovacs is its new CEO, a move that gives the Firefox Web browser backer a leader with ample experience in mobile software.
Mozilla's release of Firefox 4 Beta 1 for Android (and Maemo) phones brought with it some cheers -- and some jeers. Though Firefox 4 Beta 1 showed improvements in some areas, it stumbled in others, leaving users yearning for speedy future enhancement...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - Network & VoiceQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTAnalytics Manager (Alteryx / Tabl exp) Perm or contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCService Desk Analyst - Major Government Client / ParramattaNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC