Google will follow the lead of Microsoft and Mozilla by offloading some browser chores to the graphics processor to speed up Chrome, the company said last week.
Mozilla today released an alpha version of its mobile browser for smartphones running Google's Android operating system.
Mozilla this week said it's unlikely that the final version of Firefox 4 will run on older Macs equipped with PowerPC processors.
Cameron Diaz is the most dangerous celebrity on the Web, antivirus company McAfee said Thursday.
Mozilla on Tuesday said that it will not patch a bug that blocks the display of a warning when Firefox detects a potentially deceptive URL, saying the flaw was not a threat.
Microsoft Internet Explorer marks <a href="http://mashable.com/2010/08/16/internet-explorer-15-birthday/">its 15th anniversary this week</a>. The first version of the browser was launched back in the summer of 1995 and since then the browser--now in ...
Google yesterday shifted Chrome 6 into beta, a move that puts the browser one step closer to a stable release.
Browsing in "private mode" isn't as private as users think, a researcher said today.
Taking a page from rival Google's playbook, Mozilla plans to introduce silent, behind-the-scenes security updating to Firefox 4.
The open-source Mozilla project has been offering cash bounties for security bugs for six years now, but often bug finders simply turn down the cash.
For the second straight month, Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser gained ground in the usage share race, a company manager said today.
Internet Explorer 8's Smartscreen Filter, used to secure users from dodgy websites, has stopped its one billionth malware download, Microsoft has proudly announced.
Future versions of Firefox are set to adopt a new tab design that will transform the browser's interface, a senior Mozilla developer has announced.
For the second time in two months, Mozilla on Friday rushed out a fix for Firefox to patch a problem with a browser update issued just days before.
Google on Tuesday hiked bounty payments for Chrome bugs to a maximum of $US3,133, up almost $2,000 from the previous top dollar payout of $1,337.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC