Mozilla today acknowledged that it had falsely accused a developer of infecting a Firefox add-on with attack code.
Baring any last-minute change of mind, Mozilla will permanently drop support for Mac OS X 10.4 from future editions of Firefox.
Mozilla has made major changes to how it develops Firefox, and plans to drop Firefox 3.7 from its schedule and instead roll out incremental changes throughout the year, a company executive said today.
Mozilla yesterday said that its planned overhaul of Firefox's interface will be pushed back to Firefox 4.0, the major release now slated to ship before the end of 2010.
Mozilla Messaging on Tuesday released version 3 of its Thunderbird e-mail client, which comes with a tabbed user interface and improved search features.
Firefox accounted for almost half of all browser vulnerabilities in the first six months of 2009, a Web security company claimed today.
Mozilla late on Friday released the first beta of Firefox 3.6, a minor upgrade slated to wrap up later this year.
Mozilla has launched a software project designed to let people better manage the ever more voluminous stream of messages coming from sources such as Twitter and Facebook into their e-mail.
Mozilla has unblocked one of the two Microsoft-made add-ons that put Firefox users at risk from attack and will probably unblock the second in the next 48 hours, the company's head of engineering said today.
Mozilla developers have blocked a Firefox plugin that was quietly pushed out by Microsoft, saying that it presents a security risk.
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Mozilla again slammed the browser "ballot screen" proposal that Microsoft's made to European antitrust regulators, saying that the voting will be skewed Apple's way because its Safari browser will be the first choice on the list.
Mozilla developers have launched a new online tool that tells Firefox users whether popular add-on components such as Java or QuickTime are up to date.
As it promised, Mozilla has created a page that checks for outdated plug-ins used by Firefox.
Mozilla has released a test build of Firefox that adds new technology designed to stymie most Web-based attacks, the browser maker said Sunday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)ACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++SA
- FTJava DevelopersWA