Global smartwatch shipments reached 1.9 million units last year, and Google's Android mobile OS captured a 61 percent market share, according to Strategy Analytics.
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
More than 4,000 groups and websites have signed on to support a day of protest against U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, scheduled for Tuesday.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
A group of activist groups and Internet companies are planning a coordinated protest of U.S. National Security Agency surveillance on Feb. 11, with the hope that millions of people will join them.
In light of overall low adoption of HTTP security headers, Mozilla is advising webmasters to at least implement X-Frame-Options on their sites, arguing that this header can prevent several types of attacks.
An intermediate certificate authority (CA) registered to the French Ministry of Finance issued rogue certificates for several Google domains without authorization.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Web videoconferencing may get easier after a decision by Cisco Systems that should help bring widely used technology into browsers.
Many open-source software developers need to improve the way in which they handle vulnerability reports, according to researchers from security firm Rapid7, who recently found and reported vulnerabilities in seven popular open-source software applica...
Mozilla is working on a geolocation data service using cell tower and Wi-Fi signals to give developers what it says will be a more privacy-aware option than current alternatives.
About 4,500 people have indicated they plan to attend a rally Saturday in Washington, D.C., to protest surveillance programs run by the U.S. National Security Agency.
U.S. President Barack Obama should add actual technologists to a group reviewing the nation's surveillance technologies, IT-related groups have said.
The U.S. National Security Agency has repeatedly tried to compromise Tor, the government-funded online anonymity tool, but has had little success, according to a new report in the U.K.'s Guardian.
A vulnerability found recently in an OpenID-based feature of the Mozilla Persona online identity management service prompted the company to advise Web developers to check their OpenID implementations for similar issues.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC