The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Although the number of malicious browser extensions has significantly increased in the past year many security products fail to offer adequate protection against them, while others are simply not designed to do so, according to a security researcher.
Plug-ins based on the NPAPI architecture will be blocked by default in Chrome starting early next year as Google moves toward completely removing support for them in the browser.
The Firefox OS, a new contender in mobile operating systems, will likely see HTML5-related attacks and assaults on a crucial operating system process, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Mozilla is considering the possibility of rejecting as invalid SSL certificates issued after July 1, 2012, with a validity period of more than 60 months. Google already made the decision to block such certificates in Chrome starting early next year.
Mozilla is developing a protocol that aims to let security tools and Web browsers work better together.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
Trend Micro has found two malicious browser extensions that hijack Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts.
The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
T-Mobile will begin its rollout of phones based on Mozilla's Firefox OS when it puts the Alcatel One Touch on sale in Poland next week.
Security warnings displayed by Web browsers are far more effective at deterring risky Internet behavior than was previously believed, according to a new study.
Paying rewards to independent security researchers for finding software problems is a vastly better investment than hiring employees to do the same work, according to researchers from the University of California Berkeley.
An online protest against the surveillance programs of the U.S. National Security Agency planned for July 4 was off to a slow start Thursday morning, despite expectations it would see participation from thousands of websites.
A large coalition of civil rights and privacy groups and potentially thousands of websites will stage protests on the Fourth of July to protest surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency.
After several months of anticipation, the first phones based on the Firefox operating system are here. Telefónica will begin selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday in Spain as the first step of a global rollout that should see Firefox OS devices available i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW