U.S. President Barack Obama should add actual technologists to a group reviewing the nation's surveillance technologies, IT-related groups have said.
The U.S. National Security Agency has repeatedly tried to compromise Tor, the government-funded online anonymity tool, but has had little success, according to a new report in the U.K.'s Guardian.
A vulnerability found recently in an OpenID-based feature of the Mozilla Persona online identity management service prompted the company to advise Web developers to check their OpenID implementations for similar issues.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Although the number of malicious browser extensions has significantly increased in the past year many security products fail to offer adequate protection against them, while others are simply not designed to do so, according to a security researcher.
Plug-ins based on the NPAPI architecture will be blocked by default in Chrome starting early next year as Google moves toward completely removing support for them in the browser.
The Firefox OS, a new contender in mobile operating systems, will likely see HTML5-related attacks and assaults on a crucial operating system process, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Mozilla is considering the possibility of rejecting as invalid SSL certificates issued after July 1, 2012, with a validity period of more than 60 months. Google already made the decision to block such certificates in Chrome starting early next year.
Mozilla is developing a protocol that aims to let security tools and Web browsers work better together.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
Trend Micro has found two malicious browser extensions that hijack Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts.
The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
T-Mobile will begin its rollout of phones based on Mozilla's Firefox OS when it puts the Alcatel One Touch on sale in Poland next week.
Security warnings displayed by Web browsers are far more effective at deterring risky Internet behavior than was previously believed, according to a new study.
Paying rewards to independent security researchers for finding software problems is a vastly better investment than hiring employees to do the same work, according to researchers from the University of California Berkeley.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC