The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Although the number of malicious browser extensions has significantly increased in the past year many security products fail to offer adequate protection against them, while others are simply not designed to do so, according to a security researcher.
Plug-ins based on the NPAPI architecture will be blocked by default in Chrome starting early next year as Google moves toward completely removing support for them in the browser.
The Firefox OS, a new contender in mobile operating systems, will likely see HTML5-related attacks and assaults on a crucial operating system process, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Mozilla is considering the possibility of rejecting as invalid SSL certificates issued after July 1, 2012, with a validity period of more than 60 months. Google already made the decision to block such certificates in Chrome starting early next year.
Mozilla is developing a protocol that aims to let security tools and Web browsers work better together.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
Trend Micro has found two malicious browser extensions that hijack Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts.
The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
T-Mobile will begin its rollout of phones based on Mozilla's Firefox OS when it puts the Alcatel One Touch on sale in Poland next week.
Security warnings displayed by Web browsers are far more effective at deterring risky Internet behavior than was previously believed, according to a new study.
Paying rewards to independent security researchers for finding software problems is a vastly better investment than hiring employees to do the same work, according to researchers from the University of California Berkeley.
An online protest against the surveillance programs of the U.S. National Security Agency planned for July 4 was off to a slow start Thursday morning, despite expectations it would see participation from thousands of websites.
A large coalition of civil rights and privacy groups and potentially thousands of websites will stage protests on the Fourth of July to protest surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency.
After several months of anticipation, the first phones based on the Firefox operating system are here. Telefónica will begin selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday in Spain as the first step of a global rollout that should see Firefox OS devices available i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA