The CEO of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox was arrested in Japan early Saturday by police, according to several media reports.
Few people marked the recent anniversary of one of the biggest catastrophes to hit bitcoin -- the day MtGox went bust.
Any backdoor connection that the Silk Road online market might have had with Mark Karpeles, the founder of the failed Mt. Gox Bitcoin exchange, will have to be disregarded unless defense attorneys present stronger evidence, the judge in the U.S. fede...
Nearly all of the roughly US$370 million in bitcoin that disappeared in the February 2014 collapse of Mt. Gox probably vanished due to fraudulent transactions, with only 1 percent taken by hackers, according to a report in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun new...
Bitcoin exchange Kraken will help probe missing bitcoins as part of the liquidation of MtGox, once the world's largest trading place for the digital currency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD