The CEO of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox was arrested in Japan early Saturday by police, according to several media reports.
Few people marked the recent anniversary of one of the biggest catastrophes to hit bitcoin -- the day MtGox went bust.
Any backdoor connection that the Silk Road online market might have had with Mark Karpeles, the founder of the failed Mt. Gox Bitcoin exchange, will have to be disregarded unless defense attorneys present stronger evidence, the judge in the U.S. fede...
Nearly all of the roughly US$370 million in bitcoin that disappeared in the February 2014 collapse of Mt. Gox probably vanished due to fraudulent transactions, with only 1 percent taken by hackers, according to a report in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun new...
Bitcoin exchange Kraken will help probe missing bitcoins as part of the liquidation of MtGox, once the world's largest trading place for the digital currency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW