The CEO of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox was arrested in Japan early Saturday by police, according to several media reports.
Few people marked the recent anniversary of one of the biggest catastrophes to hit bitcoin -- the day MtGox went bust.
Any backdoor connection that the Silk Road online market might have had with Mark Karpeles, the founder of the failed Mt. Gox Bitcoin exchange, will have to be disregarded unless defense attorneys present stronger evidence, the judge in the U.S. fede...
Nearly all of the roughly US$370 million in bitcoin that disappeared in the February 2014 collapse of Mt. Gox probably vanished due to fraudulent transactions, with only 1 percent taken by hackers, according to a report in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun new...
Bitcoin exchange Kraken will help probe missing bitcoins as part of the liquidation of MtGox, once the world's largest trading place for the digital currency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft will cut 2,850 more jobs by the end of the year
- Trump's hacking comment rattles the cybersecurity industry
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW