Nokia Networks and Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo are testing networks using extremely high frequencies that may someday deliver multi-gigabit speed to mobile devices.
Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo has developed an app that can wirelessly send authentication credentials to devices that are not connected to the Internet, allowing more hardware to get online or query the cloud.
Silent Circle, producer of the privacy-centric Blackphone, is turning its attention to enterprise customers with a new range of hardware and software due out later this year.
Qualcomm wants to help future mobile devices learn about their users, by putting cognitive computing capabilities into its next mobile microprocessor, the Snapdragon 820.
By putting its flagship tablet on a diet, improving cameras and battery life, Sony wants to bring back some luster to the tablet market.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
The mid-range of the smartphone market is getting hyper-competitive, but Sony is betting the waterproof Xperia M4 Aqua will help it make a mark.
If you hate having to punch in a number or scan your finger when using your phone, now you can unlock it with just a glance.
Mobile devices and PCs will start appearing shortly with USB 3.1 ports, but don't expect flash drives based on technology to be available anytime soon.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are two great smartphones, with more power and better screens. But when users get their hands on them starting April 10, they'll find that the vendor got some things right, and some things wrong.
New net neutrality rules just established in the U.S. may face a cool reception here at Mobile World Congress, where carriers are prime customers. Nokia's CEO took an early shot on Sunday night.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
Most Chromebooks today are running Intel processors, but chipmaker Mediatek wants to change that as it sees an opportunity to expand its market beyond Android tablets and smartphones.
Using a mixture of metal and glass, Samsung Electronics has found its smartphone mojo again with the launch of the Galaxy S6 and the S6 edge, but the new, more premium design has a few drawbacks.
The world's biggest maker of Android phones launched a major challenge to Google Wallet on Sunday, saying it will soon launch a rival phone-based payment system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW