Qualcomm has released a turbocharged version of its popular Snapdragon 800 mobile processor, adding support for dual active SIMs and boosting graphics performance by 28 percent.
SAP has joined forces with Xamarin to make it easier for developers to integrate their apps with the company's Mobile Platform.
Qualcomm has leaped ahead of Apple in 64-bit mobile chip development with its first eight-core Snapdragon 615 chip for mobile devices, which has integrated LTE and 4K video rendering capabilities.
Hewlett-Packard is plunging into the rapidly emerging field of network functions virtualization (NFV), announcing Monday an OpenNV program comprised of applications and services designed to virtualize core networks and network functions and allow tel...
Samsung's decision to run Tizen on its next smartwatches is a step in the right direction for the operating system, but whether the company will also put out smartphones remains to be seen.
Lenovo's first Yoga tablet, introduced late last year, met with bad reviews, so the company hopes the second time's a charm with the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+.
Unveiling the Ascend G6 4G smartphone, the MediaPad X1 hybrid "phablet" and the MediaPad M1 tablet Sunday, Huawei took a big step toward proving that it should be a force to be reckoned with in mobile-device design.
Hewlett-Packard's latest Pavilion X360 hybrid will offer the design flexibility to be used as a tablet, laptop or "couch potato" device.
After months of waiting, some of the first 64-bit tablets with Windows 8.1 and Intel's Bay Trail chips were announced by Hewlett-Packard.
Orange is hoping its latest branded smartphone, the Gova, will help make its LTE networks more popular.
Microsoft will soon offer an update to its Windows Phone operating system that will bring a number of new features targeted at enterprise users.
With developing markets in its sight, Microsoft is making a number of changes to Windows Phone that it hopes will result in a wider range of less expensive devices.
Samsung will soon put on sale two new smartwatches, the Gear 2 and the Gear 2 Neo, which both run its Tizen operating system instead of Android.
The newer smartphone OS entrants competing to chip away at the dominance of Android and iOS are heading to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress, and facing a landscape that has changed since last year's show.
Orange is hoping it can compete more effectively with over-the-top messaging vendors thanks to an upgraded version of its Libon service that lets uses chat with anyone who has a device with an HTML browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- White House to data scientists: We need you
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW