From Apple and Amazon to Myspace and AOL, here are some of the earliest website designs for some of the tech industry's biggest companies.
The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas gets under way this weekend with big announcements from gadget makers keen to wow and convince us they have the next big thing. But it's worth remembering that some of the promises and predictions mad...
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Only two social networking sites make minors' profiles private by default, according to a test of 14 such sites conducted for the European Commission.
The Internet generation is stunningly disloyal. Brands mean very little to us. Our parents might never have bought anything other than a Ford car, or a Westinghouse refrigerator, but we switch online services without a second thought. So join us a...
Myspace has launched a new version of its site that includes a whole host of new entertainment-focused features in a bid to turn around dwindling visitor numbers, and at the same time make visitors stay longer.
Remember MySpace? Me neither.
MySpace has only half as many visitors as it had last year, says ComScore.
MySpace is using Facebook's privacy fiasco for a little free publicity, announcing a one-click privacy feature that seems more like an attention grab than an actual play for Facebook users.
First they came for Bebo and now it looks as if even larger rival MySpace is losing the battle against the social networking steamroller that is Facebook.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
Microsoft is transforming Outlook from an e-mail client, or messaging platform, to a social networking hub with the addition of social connectors. The integration of social networking is a huge benefit for Outlook users, and may even help drive adopt...
Google has started incorporating into its search results status updates that MySpace users have posted publicly.
Operators of Web site dedicated to those who seek social-media death with dignity say that Facebook is taking a more Hippocratic approach to the idea of killing one's online identities with a few keystrokes. They say the social-networking giant has k...
MySpace has opened the submission period for its Developer Challenge, a contest in which the company will award US$50,000 in prizes for new applications and for innovative uses of the social networking site's application programming interfaces.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160915/SSA/893Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC